Vote Angus Out has a simple purpose. We are building a movement in the electorate of Hume that stretches from Gunning and Goulburn in the South, to Camden and Silverdale in the North, to help ‘unelect’ Hume representative, Angus Taylor MP. You help by doing three things.
2. Buy a t-shirt, hoodie or stubby holder and send us back a pic for social media.
3. And get regular updates to the campaign by signing up to our email list:
Sign up to get involved
We do not think Angus truly represents the constituents of Hume, because he has voted against many things that would benefit his constituents.
We aren’t proposing a specific candidate in this point in time. But would like to think a suitable independent candidate might take his place in order to better represent the constituents of Hume.
You can view the many reasons why Angus should not be re-elected. But for now you can judge on his voting record, and click each link for more information.
- Angus voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry
- He voted very strongly against increasing government support for the dairy industry, showing that he is no friend to farmers (as he likes to project in his ads)
- He voted strongly against community right to say no to nuclear waste disposal sites
- He voted against increasing protection of Australia’s fresh water
- He voted against increasing the age pension which would have benefitted our elderly population
- He voted against restricting foreign ownership, ensuring countries like China continue to buy off our infrastructure
- He voted against increasing marine conservation
- He voted against a Royal Commission into Violence and Abuse against People with Disability
- He voted against Government action on animal & plant extinctions
- He voted against creating a federal Anti-Corruption Commission
- He voted against a fast transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy, showing his loyalty to the country’s biggest polluters over the environment and our farmers
- He voted against increasing Aboriginal land rights
- He voted against increasing consumer protections, ensuring more of us are vulnerable to rorting by rogue sellers
Angus Voted Strongly For:
- He has voted for getting rid of Sunday and public holiday penalty rates, ensuring young people in hospitality are paid less
- He voted for political interference in research funding, so that big corporate donors can use Government funded research to further their agenda, even when it’s against the community interest
- He has voted for privatising government assets so that we all pay more for services like roads, tolls, rail and other major infrastructure
- He voted for tighter means testing of family payments so that fewer people in need can get Government support
- He voted strongly for unconventional gas mining such as Coal Seam Gas mining and fracking in pristine Australian lands
- He voted to decrease ABC and SBS funding